Admission to the Bachelor curriculum “Sculptural Conceptions/Ceramics” is not tied to any specific school-leaving qualifications (e.g. of a secondary school). However, it is contingent on a positively graded admission examination.
The admission examination consists of three parts:
1. Submission of a sample work folder / portfolio
The portfolio must be brought along for the admission examination and should contain an adequate number of works documenting the artistic development, personal interests, work focuses and artistic preferences of each candidate:
- original drawings, graphic works, works in colour, paintings, illustrations and similar,
- photographic documentation of already realised artworks, such as installations, sculptures, performances or other works that cannot be included as originals with the portfolio.
In addition, the following may be included:
- movable three-dimensional objects, sculptures or similar,
- photographic works, videos (data media: USB flash drive, CD or DVD),
- artistic concepts in writing of not yet realised artworks.
All works submitted as well as all artwork documentations must feature information regarding the title, year of creation, dimensions, technique and the artist’s name. The folder / portfolio must be brought along for the admission examination fixed for a given date.
2. On-site examination
The on-site examination calls upon candidates to develop smaller artistic works on various set topics. Basic utensils (paper, pencils, scissors, glue,...) must be brought along for the on-site examination.
3. Admission interview
The candidate presents the work samples created during the on-site examination and answers any questions in a personal interview with the board of examiners.
Note: Applicants must apply for admission to the programme after successful completion of the admission examination.
Dates and application
Programme and admission / Admission examination
Interested parties may contact Univ.Prof. Frank Louis at any time for an appointment prior to the admission examination.
Details can be seen
Univ.-Prof. Dipl.des. Frank Louis
University of Art and Design Linz
Department of Sculptural Conceptions / Ceramics
4020 Linz | Austria
>>> INTERESTED IN THE PROGRAMME? >>> ARRANGE YOUR PERSONAL TALK here